This is a list of the top 5 questions found on Google Search’s “People also asked” when searching for, Blogging for income. These are questions that people just like you, asked Google. Google helps to define your search by auto suggesting content based on your querie. You can then have a better jumping off point and therefore enjoy a better search experience.
(Image is of the number five)
• Can you make money blogging?
• What ways do bloggers get paid?
• Do beginner bloggers make money?
• How do I start blogging?
• How do I start blogging with no money?
There are things that a blogger needs to come to terms with before even getting started. For one thing blogging is not a “get rich quick” scheme. You have to put in the work. From researching your topics to promoting your content, there are lots of work to do…now. As you get better at creating your content you’ll also be growing an audience and this will make your work easier. You build your blogging muscles and the work doesn’t feel like work anymore. Plus you will be doing more upkeep of your promoting as opposed to creating from scratch all of your social media accounts and growing an audience.
Manage your expectations, put in the work and don’t chase the shiny things!! I’ll get to the shiny things in a later article.
Can You Make Money Blogging?
(image is of money)
Definitely! If you have good strategies to work with.
There are many very successful bloggers. And there are also very many ways to make money blogging. Depending on your experience, niche or your social media following, you can make quite a bit of money.
Experience brings with it tried and true strategies for driving traffic and getting eyes on your content. You already know what doesn’t work so you can be more efficient.
Having a sound strategy is of utmost importance because it helps you to focus your energies. And when you’ve tried everything already then you can cut right through instead of stopping at every shiny thing that pops up.
There are many strategies that need to be in place for the mechanism to turn.
• Designing your website and creating your content using Search Engine Optimization strategies are what catches Google’s eye. The better the user experience and the quality of your content, the better position you will see on the Search Engine Results page or your page ranking when someone searches a topic.
• You need a solid strategy for creating your content so you can stay consistent. Below are examples of the different areas that will require some form of strategy.
- A good research strategy will help you to be consistent as well as to provide quality content. Both consistency and quality content are pieces of your foundation which will ensure a stable and sustainable income for as long as you continue to grow your brand.
- If, you want to have a structured attack on any of the processes needed to create a profitable blog, then you probably want to have a strategy for developing step by step procedures through outlines. Taking you from drafting to editing and finally to publishing your amazing content
- Your content needs quite a bit of attention so you’ll need posting and sharing strategies. This will include your social media accounts and even some out of the box platforms.
- To leverage social media platforms to promote your blog as well as your articles, you will want to create and develop accounts on as many of them as you are comfortable maintaining.
On Facebook, LinkedIn and Quora, you can join niche relevant groups or spaces to converse and engage with a targeted audience. Growing a rapport and helping other members get to a solution.
You also have Instagram, Reddit, Pinterest and so many more. A bonus to using these platforms is that you can grow an email list.
Whichever social media strategy you decide to employ, follow their guidelines and always be offering value.
– Industry or niche specific accounts with platforms such as Quora and Reddit can be used to grow an audience by answering questions and discussing topics related to your blog articles. Which you can link to within your answers as references or to add more value to your answers.
– I mentioned creating an email list earlier and this is an important asset for promoting your content. You can send out announcement emails or even create a newsletter to invite your audience to check out each new gem that you publish.
I promised a couple of outside the box strategies. You can post a press release with a piece of your article on press sites. Or you can create online classified ads. By far the slowest way to promote your blog but there you go. Bonus out of the box way to promote your content, “Google My Business”.
if you learn and apply these strategies to your blogging, then you will have created a sustainable income. And as you develop your skills and hone your strategies your business will scale. As much effort that you put in, that’s what you can expect to get out of it.
What Ways Do Bloggers Get Paid?
The ways that bloggers get paid is by monetizing their website. I have listed below the most popular ways.
• Advertising – whether its Google Adsense or Amazon display ads you can give yourself a professional looking website. Using niche specific ads you can generate income by driving traffic to your relevant content and hopefully, interested visitors will click on the ads and ultimate make a purchase. Boom commission!!
• Digital products- Content creators require a lot of tools to produce quality content. There are research and graphic tools. Editing and grammar check tools. Even video downloading and editing tools. You can also create an E-Book using Sqribble or Bookrix.
• Physical products- With all of the different affiliate niches to choose from, there are even more products. You can create content that is relevant to these products to showcase them. Most of these products provide images, product reviews and sometimes even videos that you can use to further your promotions.
• Freelance services- These are services that you provide yourself such as web design or copywriting. You can further promote your services by providing links to your Fiverr or Upworks accounts.
• Courses- Just like freelance services, you can create or promote platforms that offer courses to teach people how to create a blog website and promote it to make some profits like Wealthy Affiliate. If you want to promote a platform that has more than blog creation, hosting and promotion then, Udemy has courses on just about anything. Just to name a couple.
• Sponsored posts- These are posts that brands and companies pay bloggers to create showcasing a product to publish on your website.
• – Affiliate marketing- This is where you would go to a brand like Clickbank and create an affiliate account. Then you can choose from thousands of products or services to promote through your unique affiliate link.
Ross Minchev has a YouTube video with a tutorial that is perfect for beginner affiliates. See link below.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/7P0iZ6TThXQ” title=”YouTube video player” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share” allowfullscreen></iframe>
Affiliate marketing is the most popular way to make an income blogging.
Do Beginner Bloggers Make Money?
(Image is of ready set go career)
I wrote an answer on Quora expressing the need for a beginner blogger to manage your expectations.
The reality is that blogging is like a fine wine. It takes time for your content to mature and gain authority. You also need to realize that, until you learn promotional strategies, no one will even know that you have a blog. You need to grow an audience by consistently creating content that solves a problem or offers quality information to help with decision making.
You can create accounts on as many social media platforms as you are comfortable using.
When you are promoting your blog on these platforms, you need to follow the rules and guidelines on each. This means not spamming your affiliate links everywhere. Make connections and offer quality answers to their questions. Even though your ultimate goal is to make an income blogging, Your primary goal is to provide helpful solutions and well researched answers. You can’t focus on making money right off or you may find yourself one of the 96% of bloggers who fail or quit.
Be patient, consistent and make sure to answer comments of questions promptly so that your audience learns to trust you. Trust and curiosity will get the sales.
How Do I Start Blogging?
(Image is of start)
To get started blogging you should follow these steps as best that you can.
1) You are going to need to choose a blog platform or create your own website. Blogger and WordPress are great places to get started as they provide hosting and security. WordPress has a ridiculous amount of plug-ins and content creation tools. It is where my blog is hosted. Both have tools to design and build your website. There are many platforms to choose from so you can find the one that best fits your needs.
2) After you select the hosting platform, you need to decide on your niche. This is very important because if you are not familiar with a specific product or you don’t feel passionate about a topic then you may find it difficult to write about them. If, you are an expert in a specific area, that would be a great niche. A landscaper by trade can talk intelligently about anything to do with yard maintenance or design. Or if you have a large social media following, then you can promote something relevant to your social media accounts.
3) Now that you’ve chosen a niche then you need to name your blog domain. Some things to think about would be, pick something relevant to your niche while using keywords also related. Try to keep it short and easy to remember. It is also a good idea to research the domain name to make sure that it isn’t taken already and also check to see if it might be related to malware or some other unwanted baggage.
4) With your niche and domain name chosen, now you can design and build your brand new blog website. As I said earlier, I use WordPress because it has an easy drag and drop design tool and you can create a site that you can be proud of. Of course, you can decide on the one that fits your blog niche best.
Other hosting platforms.
5) Here is where I feel it starts to get fun. You now can research your topics. I love to learn so research is one of my favorite things to do. You can read and questions on other bloggers sites. This serves several purposes. You get information, you get an idea about what is working and what isn’t, you get to engage with other bloggers which increases your networking and you can develop some great friendships.
6) After you have put in the research of your first topic, you now get to create your amazing first blog article. A content creation template can help you structure your articles.
• Basically you want to research and use a keyword rich title that gets high search volume and ideally low competition. Jaaxy provides keyword research and analysis as well suggestions based on your keyword choice.
• Next include a relevant image to get your audience curious about your article.
• Create a curiosity grabbing introduction letting your audience know what your article will be covering.
• Topic 1 headline. Then an image relevant to your first topic and the body of your first topic.
• Topic 2 headline. Relevant image to second topic and image. Body of second topic.
• Topic 3 headline. Image. Body.
• Topic 4 headline. Image. Body.
• Topic 5 headline. Image. Body.
• Conclusion. Image. And finally give a summary of what you just covered in your article.
This is just one blog writing template. Just a suggestion. You can choose from many templates or create one that works for you.
7) It is now where the real work starts. You need to let people know that you have a blog and that you can help with making an informed decision or that you have the solution that they are looking for. This is where you need to promote your content. Get the word out, so to speak.
• Create or join groups that are relevant to your niche. Groups on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit or whichever social media platforms that you are comfortable with. Make friends, join conversations add value. Then you can introduce your articles to them as a way of adding to groups.
• Answering questions on Quora and linking to your relevant articles is a great way of getting views and growing a niche specific audience. This would be the way that I have found the most success. I am currently active in 69 spaces including the one that I created, Stephen’s Let’s Discuss Affiliate Marketing.
• Press releases.
• Ask for others to share your articles.
As You grow your brand you can consider using scheduling tools to upload your content to your accounts.
How Do I Start Blogging With No Money?
(Image is of empty pockets)
My first attempt at blogging was also my last attempt at an online income. I had spent all of the money that I had trying out different courses and trainings. Like the picture above, my pockets were empty.
I just had to find a way to make money from home because of my health issues.
Just as I was about to give up, I stumbled upon a review of Wealthy Affiliate, a platform that somehow I hadn’t come across in all of my searching. The thing that stood out to me was that it had a FREE starter membership. Broke and getting desperate made this very interesting. After 3 days of following the step by step instructions, I had a fully functioning website that I was a little bit proud of.
I even wrote my own review of Wealthy Affiliate as a learning task in the training.
By the end of the first week, I had seen enough to know that upgrading to a paid package would eventually be the way to go. The benefits that came in these packages were just too great to pass up.
And that’s just one way to get started blogging with no money. You can create your blog on platforms like LinkedIn, Medium, Quora, Reddit etc. All of these even include content creation tools and templates to help you along to success.
Be aware that, no matter which way you go, you will eventually need to invest money into your new business. Some apps and services have free versions but to make your content pop and grow, you will need to upgrade to their paid versions.
I hope that you enjoyed my list of the top 5 “People also asked” questions in Google search-blogging for income.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.
And if you found this helpful, please share with someone you think might benefit from it!
Thanks for listening!!